We believe that our school should provide a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes the social, physical and moral developing of the individual child. Safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibility. We encourage a culture of listening to children and taking account of their wishes and feelings in any action the school takes to protect them.
Do you know the age rating for some of the games your children are playing? Please find attached a sheet explaining the different age certificates of some games. The guidance is there for a reason – you may not always realise what your children are exposing themselves to. If you want more information on how to keep your child safe please look at these websites:
• https://parentzone.org.uk/advice/parent-guides - this is a fantastic website, giving parents information about the games children are playing, safety settings, advice on how to help your child question things they see on line.
• NSPCC have some excellent resources about online safety. These can be downloaded from - https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/
• Childline has also produced some short videos about recognising unhealthy relationships, aimed at teenagers. They can be viewed at http://www.omdukblog.com/our-work/childline-launches-new-listen-selfie-campaign/. This would be a useful starting point for discussing wider issues around unhealthy relationships.
• Stopitnow.org.uk is a website that people can access if they are worried about their own, or other people’s behaviour, both on and offline.
• CEOP https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/ is a site which shows you how to report concerns on line.
• Think you know - https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/ Lots of useful advice
Please look at our recent newsletters for Online Safety
Online Safety Newsletter March 2023
Online Safety Newsletter February 2023
Online Safety Newsletter January 2023
Online Safety Newsletter December 2023
Online Safety Newsletter November 2023
Online Safety Newsletter October 2023
Online Safety Newsletter September 2023
Useful Links for Parents
9 tips for parents to help them use Internet-enabled devices such as smart speakers, toys that connect to the Internet.